There is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all approach to health. Yes, there are basic nutritional principles that guide our eating patters, but the specifics of what, when, and how much vary from person to person. Let me help you discover the tools necessary for you to tune into the messages your body is sending you so that you can take care of it in a way that’s best for you.
Depending on your health and nutrition needs, I want to help you:
- Move beyond the scale to lasting, truly healthful behaviors
- Understand why your health isn’t dictated by your weight, but rather multiple behaviors and factors. Let’s work on the things that really do matter.
- Free you from guilt and anxiety around your food choices. These have become normal in our society, but it doesn’t have to be that way.
- Understand that you don’t have to spend lots of time and money in order to pursue health.
- Eat in a way that supports your body so that you can live the life you want to live and accomplish the things you want to.
- Discover new ways of eating that promote health in every way—physical, emotional, relational, and spiritual.
- Explore any nutrition-related symptoms or conditions you may be experiencing with evidence-based practice so that you can feel and function optimally.
I offer faith-based nutritional counseling to those whose faith is a very important part of their life. I want to invite our ultimate Healer into the process so that you can get a better understanding of who He is, who He has made you, and how that impacts the way you take care of your body. Click here for an article that explains how I think the Bible informs food and body thoughts.
Virtual Nutrition Coaching
For those of you who would like to work with me but live outside of the state of Oklahoma, I provide virtual nutrition coaching. Content of our sessions will look very similar, but will just be conducted online!
Sometimes we need a little boost in skills and confidence when it comes to feeding ourselves and our families. Let me help you grow your confidence in this area! Beforehand, we will discuss your goals and needs when it comes to cooking in the kitchen to determine what you would like to learn to prepare. This can be a great option to supplement what you are learning during one-on-one sessions to help with the exploration phase of finding foods that nourish and satisfy.
Food Sensitivity Testing
Oftentimes, gastrointestinal symptoms can be resolved through regular eating patters, decreasing specific vegetable intakes, decreasing stress, or taking certain supplements. However, there are times when certain foods actually trigger GI symptoms. It's possible that chronic pain and migraines can be tied to foods as well. These foods are different for each person and may be dose dependent. The Mediator Release Test (MRT) is a blood test that can help determine what those foods are for you. It's important to make sure that there are not other issues at play, but sometimes reducing specific foods can be helpful for feeling your best.